Thanks for Stopping By

The Applespeed Blog gives up to the minute info on what's happening in the dynamic life of Johnny Applespeed. Hear the latest Speed Music, see the latest Speed Fashion and read the latest Speed Fiction. Have fun and bookmark this blog to keep up to Speed.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tracking the Guitar Today

Made a valiant effort at getting the guitar and mics all set up today. But---I just couldn't get the sound I was looking for. I had my amp modeler going to my Randall tube amp but just couldn't get it right. I am looking for a very specific gritty rock sound for the "A" part of the song. "A" part?

I have written this song using a different formula than, say, The Beatles did when they wrote their hit after hit back in the 60s. Back then, there were extreme time constraints for AM top 40 radio and songs had to fit into the puzzle. Many Beatles songs back then were written to a formula. "A" was a verse, "B" was a chorus and "C" was a bridge. So, A A B A B C A and out was not uncommon.

This song, "Can't Be Trusted" uses the formula A A B A A B C and out. Not dramatically different but non the less different. So, the "A" part needs a certain guitar sound and so do the other two parts.

I love the old band 10cc. If you haven't heard them--do. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Their ability to switch around in a single song is fantastic. I, in my own little way, am going to try to emulate their style a bit in this song.

Anyway, more tomorrow on the progress and keep speedin' up.

Oh, and don't forget to buy my book PRESS RELEASE. Click the link and get into it. Thanks
QFPMZSFNDUQH







No comments:

Post a Comment